On March 29, 2017 actors share reels on twitter with the hashtag #DemoReelDay, then watch and re-share other actors' demo reels: everyone gets their work seen. Guidelines on this page below the video.
Industry (representatives, casting directors, directors and producers) watch actor reels by searching on the #DemoReelDay hashtag.
Guidelines for #DemoReelDay
on Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- only actors sharing their work for this please
- this event is focusing on actors working in North America, though all actors are welcome
- include in your tweet #DemoReelDay & your playing gender/age bracket/location
- upload your reel to twitter directly as an .mp4 file (they require videos be shorter than 2:20 and less than 512 MB), no external links if at all possible
- watch and retweet 10 other actors' reels (search on the #DemoReelDay hashtag to see people's #DemoReelDay tweets)
- @TheyAct will retweet all videos following these guidelines
- if you include @DavidAugust in your tweet I'll retweet it from there too (as twitter's anti-flood measures allow)
Help will be here on theyact.com, or tweet me.
#DemoReelDay was inspired by Kate Marie Davis' #showreelshareday for British actors and industry.
- David August (my site, my twitter)
Other Theyact.com resources:
send David August a message if you can't find an answer here